Community hospitals are using various strategies to help them bounce back from financial setbacks, according to a recent survey (free registration required). Initiatives focus on ways to improve operational efficiencies, including:
- Consolidation with other facilities (74%);
- ACO participation (30%);
- Improving patient safety (10%);
- Increasing patient satisfaction (10%);
- Improving performance on core measures (8%); and
- Reducing hospital-acquired infections (6%).
The survey, conducted by Anthelio, a healthcare IT technology and consulting firm, also found that these organizations are moving forward with various IT projects. For example, 40% of respondents said they have completed an EHR implementation and are fully operational with the system, while almost all the rest responded that they have acquired and partially implemented such technology.
What strategies are you using? Share your ideas here.