Cost of Capital Professional
Is the platform right for you?
Please note: The Cost of Capital Professional platform does not include the CRSP 10th decile breakdown.
Dr. Aswath Damodaran’s data are used with his permission. Dr. Aswath Damodaran has no formal role or connection with BVR or the Cost of Capital Professional.
Harness the platform with:
- Replicability—Valid evidence supporting your claims should be reproducible. If it is not reproducible, it could be argued as coincidence. The Cost of Capital Professional platform offers an independent calculation of the market returns. Can you afford to not have proof of replication?
- Reliability—Rule 702 requires testifying experts use reliable methods and principles. The use of CRSP data has stood the test of time.
- Flexibility—Unlike other sources, you have control over the time period of historical return data for your analysis. You can choose which time horizon (e.g. specific historic years) that is appropriate for your case.The data goes back to 1928.
- Accuracy—The Cost of Capital Professional platform is based on the same finance theory used in the original SBBI series.It's prepared by Dr. Michael Crain, a nationally recognized practitioner and educator on equity risk premia and size premia analyses.
- Objectivity—BVR is a publisher and not affiliated with any financial institution, so you can be sure our methodologies and results are independent and objective, as expected by courts, Internal Revenue Service, and professional standards of practice such as USPAP, IVS, and VS100 (SSVS-1).
- Comprehensive—For Build up Method and MCAPM analyses.
Video TutorialWatch the tutorial full screen on YouTube >>
Free Webinar + Demo
Dr. Michael Crain and Ron Seigneur presented a free webinar on March 6, 2019 of the Cost of Capital Professional where they covered the new enhancements of the platform as well as a demo of the product. Watch full screen on YouTube >>