Collegiate Licensing Company, LLC (CLC), an affiliate of IMG College, announced its annual list of top-selling institutions and manufacturers. These rankings reflect royalty income from officially licensed merchandise reported July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 on all collegiate merchandise sold in affiliation with CLC-represented institutions. 1. CLC estimates the retail marketplace for college licensed merchandise in 2012 was $4.62 billion;
2. This marked the eighth consecutive year The University of Texas at Austin ranked No. 1;
3. The University of Louisville moved from No. 32 to No. 25, largely due to its success in the NCAA basketball tournament;
4. NIKE USA Inc. was the No. 1 collegiate apparel licensee;
5. EA Sports was No.1 among non-apparel licensees;
6. Kentucky Wholesale Inc., an apparel manufacturer, was the top local licensee, producing officially licensed product for the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville;
7. Top apparel categories for 2012-13 included T-shirts, women’s apparel, fleece, and headwear;
8. Top non-apparel categories included video games, housewares, domestics, and sports equipment.