It's not Business Valuation Resources or Business Valuation Review, but the newest "BVR" might be of interest to BVWire readers. TAF (The Appraisal Foundation) is initiating its search for qualified candidates to serve on a new volunteer resource panel that will report to the Board of Trustees: the Business Valuation Resource Panel . There are up to ten vacancies and terms will last approximately one year.
The purpose of the TAF Resource Panels is to provide a permanent forum for assembling representatives from diverse backgrounds within each of these disciplines of valuation, so that the Board of Trustees: 1) has a centralized ongoing facility for communication with representatives of the two disciplines; and 2) benefits from information, advice and recommendations developed by these resource panels on issues relevant to these disciplines.
The Resource Panels, in addition to enhancing communication between the Board of Trustees and said disciplines, will consider a number of professionally relevant issues, aimed at preserving / improving the public trust in valuation, in areas specific to each discipline, including, but not limited to the following:
- Consideration of a universal accreditation/certification or framework;
- Consideration of the creation of a “national registry” of valuation specialists/appraisers in each of these disciplines;
- Development of a comprehensive framework for discipline-specific standards and/or recognized methods and techniques;
- Development of a unified framework for discipline-specific qualifications, potentially for future submission to the Foundation’s Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB);
- Consideration of methods of oversight across these various disciplines, recognizing that the nature of the assets valued, and the purposes of valuation, may not fall under the auspices of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act (FIRREA) or state appraisal regulation; and,
- Other relevant discipline-specific issues.