The second edition of BVR’s Guide to Intellectual Property Valuation, authored by Mike Pellegrino, is the definitive reference to draw credible and defensible intellectual property (IP) value conclusions. In the second edition, leading expert Michael Pellegrino delivers real-world case studies of IP valuation analyses from start to finish in each of the primary IP categories. This practical, hands-on Guide presents an objective framework for conducting due diligence of IP rights, performing the legal analysis, and correlating the impacts of IP rights on value.
Highlights and updates of this Guide Include:
- New chapters on managing an IP valuation engagement, an auditor’s review guide, and a case study on celebrity IP valuation
- Practical guidance on valuing IP – includes boilerplate report requirements, royalty rate analysis, demand analysis and guidance on presenting the most reliable statistics
- Thorough discussion of valuation approaches and due diligence
- Analysis of patent-specific, copyright-specific and trademark-specific issues and considerations
- Court case library – comprehensive archive of current and past abstracts and full text of court case opinions from key cases that involve IP valuation. (Available with online access only)