Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Valuation Experts Give Initial Thoughts on Tax Reform” (BVR Editor). Valuation experts were asked for their initial impressions on what to consider when doing valuations under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This will be an evolving discussion.
- “Market Multiple Adjustments: Get a Grip on GRP” (James T. Budyak, Valuation Research Corp.). A follow-up of an earlier article that focuses on the attributes of growth, risk, and profitability (GRP) in a benchmark analysis of guideline companies.
- “A Response to an Article on S Corp Tax Affecting” (R. James “Jim” Alerding, Alerding Consulting). This is a response to “Tax Affecting S Corporations: It’s Not a Matter of Whether. It’s a Matter of When,” written by Alan S. Zipp, that appeared in the December 2017 issue of Business Valuation Update.
- “Duff & Phelps Moves Cost of Capital Data to Online Platform” (Roger Grabowski, Duff & Phelps). Duff & Phelps is launching the online Cost of Capital Navigator,which will replace the print versions of the Valuation Handbook series.
- “Takeaways From the AICPA FVS Conference” (BVR Editor). We attended many of the sessions at the AICPA’s 2017 Forensic and Valuation Services conference in Las Vegas along with over 1,000 attendees and found no shortage of tips, ideas, and advice.
- “Work File Checklist for Selecting Guideline Comps” (BVR Editor). Documentation requirements based on the Mandatory Performance Framework (MPF) for the Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV) credential.
- “Unqualified Valuers Costing Nigerian Government a Fortune” (BVR Editor). Valuations of asset-intensive entities done by unqualified nonprofessionals are costing the government big money from taxes that can’t be collected because the valuations are too low.
The issue also includes:
- An expanded section of “BV News and Trends”/”Global BV News and Trends.”
- Regular features: “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “ktMINE Royalty Rate Data,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the February issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.