The first of the national BV conferences—the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) 2021 Business Valuation and Financial Litigation Hybrid and Virtual Super Conference—is next week, June 21-25, in Park City, Utah. The entire agenda is packed with interesting sessions in multiple tracks, so it’s hard to choose, but here are a few that caught our eye:
- A three-day track of sessions on best practices in business valuation including case studies and sample reports (Jim Alerding, Jim Hitchner, and Jim Ewart);
- The Future of the Business Valuation Profession (Chris Mercer);
- Empirical Research Regarding Discounts for Lack of Marketability (Marc Vianello);
- Stark Law Modernization: The Healthcare Valuation Implications (Jessica Bailey-Wheaton and Todd Zigrang);
- Fundamentals of Financial Forecasting (Michael Pakter);
- Applying BV Review Standards to Damage Measurement Reporting (P. Dermot O’Neill);
- How to Best Sell BVFLS Services With Zoom (Rod Burkert);
- Valuing Goodwill in Professional Practices and the Use and Misuse of the Excess Earnings Method (Ron Seigneur and John Tatlock);
- Finally! Senior IRS Valuation Managers Answer Your Questions: Live (Ron Cerruti, Howard Lewis, and Dorothy Taylor); and
- Two sessions of Hardball With Hitchner (Jim Hitchner).
Of course, there are many more sessions we can’t list here, so click here to check out the full agenda. See you there!
Please let us know if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.