Healthcare regulations, technology, and proposed political reforms have been in the spotlight in recent years, with the upcoming presidential election turning up the heat and intensity of focus. Valuation analysts who currently practice in this complex, specialized niche (or who want to expand their current practices) will want to attend the 2012 AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, which takes place post-election on November 15 and 16 in Las Vegas. Valuation track sessions include:
- Hot Topics in Valuation—including conversion of healthcare entities from C corporation status to S corporations to limit exposure to the new Medicare tax, valuing noncompetes and personal goodwill in the sale of physician practices, and reasonable compensation for tax purposes;
- How Health Information Technology Is Changing Physician Practices;
- Physician Compensation: Making It to the Promised Land of Black Ink;
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Buy-Ins, Buyouts, and Noncompetes;
- Pretransition Valuation Planning Should Consider Post-Transaction Financial Reporting; and
- Healthcare “Hardball”: A panel of legal and appraisal experts answer your toughest valuation and healthcare questions.
Preferred pricing for the conference is available until October 15; to read the complete agenda and register, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.