Here’s what you’ll see:
- DLOMs in N.Y. Fair Value Cases: Private Company Discounts Are Not Caused by Lack of Marketability (Gilbert E. Matthews). The author believes no private-company discount is attributable to closely held or private company status as such, and he presents his thinking in this ongoing discussion over DLOM in fair value proceedings.
- Definitional Problem Underlies N.Y. Courts’ Unfair DLOM Stance (Chris E. Best). In this Letter to the Editor, the managing director of Acclaro Valuation Advisers supports a call for the BV profession to take a consistent stance on this issue.
- ESOP Valuations in the Wake of ‘Final’ DOL Rule (BVR Editor). Experts comment on the recent DOL final rule that removed ESOP appraisals from fiduciary treatment. But the appraiser-as-fiduciary issue is not completely put to rest.
- Attorneys Reveal Seven Surprising Views on Expert Depositions (Sylvia Golden). A recent workshop on expert testimony offered some unusual views from two experienced litigators on how to work with and against experts.
- Book Review: What’s New and Noteworthy in the DP 2016 Valuation Handbook (Ronald L. Seigneur). Refinements and addition to the Duff & Phelps 2016 Valuation Handbook – Guide to Cost of Capital.
- Valuation and Forensics Expert Provides Tips on Damages Engagements (BVR Editor). An interview with Lee D. Sanderson, founder of Valuation Forensics LLC.
The issue also includes:
- Regular Features: BV News At-a-Glance, Ask the Experts, Tip of the Month, Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BV Case Update and Analysis: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To read these articles, regular features, and case digests, see the June issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.