As announced in earlier editions of the Wire, we’ve selected five attendees at random from last week’s webinar Valuing Wineries & Breweries, each of whom will receive his or her choice of beer or wine from BVR’s home region of Portland, Ore. With a high turnout (due to fantastic content from presenter Jim Andersen), the odds were long, but the lucky five are:
- Kurri Sewich (Chartwell Capital Solutions);
- Emily Bange (Williams Keepers);
- Brian Humenesky (Eureka Capital Markets);
- Paula Lindsey (Davis/Chambers & Co.); and
- Catherine Parente (Grant Thornton)
Congratulations to all five! And although we have no plans (yet) to include another raffle, our upcoming webinars are all winners:
- On September 13, join G. William Kennedy (FTI Consulting) for the interactive Advanced Workshop on Regression Analysis, a four-hour intensive that will use case studies and “live” examples to demonstrate appropriate regression analysis techniques and interpretation.
- On October 5, the Online Symposium on Estate & Gift Tax will begin, a five-part series put together by Linda Trugman (Trugman Valuation Associates) and featuring expert speakers and cutting-edge topics. These include John Porter on family limited partnerships; William Frazier and Ashok Abbott on the evaluation method for nonmarketable investment companies; and Bruce Johnson on using empirical data to value FLPs. There will also be a case law update, as well as a current overview on pass-through entity valuation and accounting for built-in capital gains. Subscribers to this Symposium will be automatically registered for all programs and will receive access to BVR’s Estate & Gift Desktop Learning Center, an online library of all past estate and gift webinars dating back to 2003. For more information on the Symposium, click here now.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.