Here’s what’s in the July 2014 issue of Business Valuation Update:
- How Probability Affects Discounts for Lack of Marketability (Marc Vianello, CPA, ABV, CFF). The author presents a methodology for determining DLOM that combines probability-based time and price volatility variables in conjunction with the formula put forward by Francis Longstaff. Special: Subscribers have free trial access to a DLOM calculator that embodies this methodology.
- Choice of Data Is Critical in Valuing Franchises (BVR Editor). Relying on rules of thumb is problematic when valuing franchises, so the selection of research data is critical. An example is given.
- Current Valuation Trends and Data for the A/E Industry (BVR Editor). Latest M&A trends, new valuation research data, and a focus on a special risk element for firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
- We Can Do the Work. The Question Is: Can We Get the Work? (Rod P. Burkert, CPA/ABV, CVA). Building the practice is the top challenge on the minds of business valuation and forensic litigation services experts.
- A ‘Rose.com’ Is a ‘Rose.com’: What’s the Value of a Domain? (BVR Editor). Important factors that influence the value of an Internet domain name.
To read these articles—plus a digest of the latest court cases—see the July issue of Business Valuation Update (subscription required).
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.