Here’s what you’ll see in the April 2014 issue of Business Valuation Update:
- Fannon and Dunitz Discuss Lost Profits and Other Commercial Damages (BVR Editor). Interview with Nancy Fannon (Meyers, Harrison & Pia) and Jonathan Dunitz, Esq. (Verrill Dana), editors of the newly updated and expanded edition of The Comprehensive Guide to Lost Profits and Other Commercial Damages.
- Seven Takeaways From Recent Business Valuation Cases (BVR Editor). BVR’s legal editor, attorney Sylvia Golden, and business appraiser R. James Alerding (Alerding Consulting LLC) discuss the main points that valuation analysts can gain from recent court cases.
- Can Regional Data Be Used to Determine Reasonable Compensation Anywhere? (Stuart Weiss, CPA/ABV). When valuing small private companies, consider a regional survey to support an adjustment for reasonable compensation.
- 10 Current—and Controversial—Issues in Bankruptcy Valuations (Robert F. Reilly, CPA). Current hot-button issues valuation analysts need to be aware of in order to be able to defend their work in bankruptcy engagements.
- Inside Look at a Post-M&A Damage Valuation and Settlement (BVR Editor). Jeff Litvak (FTI Consulting), who testified in the Valassis M&A case, reveals how damages were valued due to the seller’s misrepresentations.
To read these articles—plus a digest of the latest court cases—see the April issue of Business Valuation Update (subscription required).
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.