Mercer Capital has just issued the second edition of Business Valuation: An Integrated Theory, a “fairly elegant little book on business valuation,” according to author Z. Christopher Mercer, which is also “grounded in the real work of market participants.” The new edition, co-authored by Travis W. Harms, addresses the needs of finance, legal, accounting, and appraisal professionals to articulate and apply current BV concepts to enhance business value, including:
- The "GRAPES of Value"—Growth, Risk and Reward, Alternative Investments, Present Value, Expectations, and Sanity.
- The relationship between the Gordon Model and the discounted cash flow model.
- The basis for commonly applied (but commonly misunderstood) valuation premiums and discounts.
- A practical perspective on the analysis of potential business acquisitions.
- The ability to defend and explain the valuation of S corporations.
For more information, and to order a copy, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.