BVR has culled a group of key U.S. economic indicators and created an infographic you can access on its Economic Outlook Update page. Here are a few of them (as of April 2017):
- The Leading Economic Index was up 0.3%, the fourth consecutive month of gains;
- Consumer confidence was down 4.6%, which followed sharp increases in the prior two months;
- The Services Sector Index was up 2.3%, regaining most of its decline from the prior month;
- The Manufacturing Sector Index was down 2.4% (overall at 54.8%—a reading above 50% indicates this sector is generally expanding); and
- The unemployment rate is up 0.1%, while the labor participation rate decreased 0.1%.
You can easily use all of the data from the EOU resource as a basis for the current economic conditions portion of your valuation reports. You get permission to quote all or part of the EOU material, with proper attribution, of course. Are you worried about the data withstanding challenges in court? Don’t be. Experts are allowed to quote from material similar experts normally use.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.