In divorce matters, the most important audience is often the trier of fact, so anytime you can glean insights from them is time well spent. A panel of three judges will take questions from attorneys and testifying experts during a session at the AAML/BVR Divorce Conference—where valuation experts and attorneys will meet over three days at the Venetian in Las Vegas (September 18-20).
The judges, Alan D. Scheinkman, Kerry R. Bensinger, and Charles J. Hoskin, will provide guidance to attorneys and experts regarding expert testimony, including:
- Supporting expert opinions;
- Excluding expert testimony;
- Analysis of competing expert opinions;
- What is effective and persuasive testimony and cross-examination; and
- Pitfalls—evidence of illegal activities including illegal financial activities (e.g., “perk” or fraud?), spoliation of evidence, etc.
The AAML is the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Conference attendance is expected to be half experts and half attorneys. To see the full agenda and to register, click here. Up to 20 CPE/CLE credits are available.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.