During their webinar presentation, Fair Value Market Trends for Urgent Care Centers, on June 24, Elliott Jeter and Corey Palasota (both VMG Health) shared their observations about valuing such centers:
- The market is becoming more competitive because of low barriers to entry;
- Buyers are interested in platform acquisitions (e.g., the top facilities in an area that has a corporate infrastructure) - multiples are high for these acquisitions;
- Infrastructure and accreditation are important;
- Typical buyer will be increasingly strategic; and
- Hospitals will become bigger players.
“Urgent care centers are going to be a hot segment going forward. Hospitals are interested in partnering with honest qualified physicians,” says Palasota. For more information about the webinar, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.