Experts from the who’s who of the business valuation world have joined the advisory board for BVR’s Cost of Capital Professional (CCP), the new independent service for estimating the cost of equity. The co-chairs of the advisory board are Ron Seigneur, managing partner at Seigneur Gustafson LLP CPAs, and Adam Manson, director of valuation data at Business Valuation Resources. The current members of the advisory board are:
- Nancy Fannon (Marcum LLP);
- Jim Hitchner (Financial Valuation Advisors/Financial Consulting Group LLC/ Valuation Products and Services LLC);
- Harold Martin (Keiter);
- Chris Mercer (Mercer Capital);
- Dave Miles (ValueSource);
- Chris Rosenthal (Ellin & Tucker);
- Keith Sellers (University of Denver);
- Chris Treharne (Gibraltar Business Valuations); and
- Jim Reto (Kaufman Rossin).
The Cost of Capital Professional is designed to move away from a complex “black box” of applied mathematics and bring more flexibility, professional judgment, and common sense back into the process. It supports the build-up method and CAPM calculations for any valuation date and is available on a free-trial basis using CRSP market return data up to Sept. 30, 2018. Later, the platform will be available with a subscription and will contain FY2018 data and beyond. New data will be added in March 2019. To sign up for the free trial, click here.
Free webinar: Seigneur and Dr. Michael Crain (Florida Atlantic University), co-developers of the platform, will conduct a free webinar on November 20 to demo the new platform and discuss the thinking behind it.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.