Last week the University of Rochester Office of Technology Transfer published a “day in the life” chronicle of what a licensing manager does. The list not only serves as a foundation for a detailed job description, and also offers an empathetic view stakeholders who rely on a research center’s office of technology transfer can appreciate.
- Maintain internal and external relationships in order to commercialize University technologies
- Value University inventions to determine patentability and business potential
- Assist in patent application and prosecution
- Market available technologies
- Identify and contact potential commercial partners
- Audit compliance with license terms