Here's a summary of the latest business valuation professional and firm news, originally published in Issue #178-2 of BVWire.
- Jacob Adams is now a financial analyst in Valuation Research Corp.’s Chicago office.
- Savannah, Ga.-based Hancock Askew & Co. has admitted Allen Akins as a partner.
- Thomas Bailey has been promoted to principal at Bethesda, Md.-based Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell.
- Steven Krug has joined Atlanta-based Acuitas as senior director.
- The Phoenix office of BeachFleischman has appointed Christopher Lutes managing shareholder.
- Seth Turner, supervisor at Hall, Kistler Co., in Canton, Ohio, received the Canton Regional Chambers Ystark! “Twenty Under 40” Award.
- The Philadelphia Business Journal named Baker Tilly one of the “2017 Best Places to Work in Philadelphia” in the large companies category.
- EKS&H moved its headquarters to the six-story Denver Tech Center in Denver, joining the firm’s other offices in Boulder, downtown Denver, Fort Collins, and San Francisco.
- EY will add Sewickley, Pa.-based Headwaters SC.
- Topeka, Kan.-based Mize Houser & Co. announced the creation of the Mize Restaurant Group brand to serve the firm’s specialty of restaurants and breweries.
- Marks Paneth celebrated the opening of an expanded location in Parsippany, N.J., the seventh location for the New York City-based firm.
- Nashua, N.H.-based Melanson Heath added LaPointe, Torrisi, Stanley & Co., and LTS’s affiliate J.C. Driscoll & Co., effective July 1.
- Plante Moran launched a new, Americans With Disabilities Act-compliant website at www.plantemoran.com. It includes all of the Southfield, Mich.-based firm’s affiliated entities.
- Sedgwick LLP has initiated a Securities Litigation Practice Group, to be led by partner Kendra S. Canape at its Irvine, Calif. office.
- Newport Beach, Calif.-based Squar Milner will combine with Sobelman Cohen Moss & Associates of Woodland Hills, Calif. The combination date will be November 1.
Please send your professional and firm news to us at moc.secruoservb@rotide.