Valuation professionals will find loads of useful information in the June issue of BVU. Here’s a sampling:
- Key BV Topics From Latest APB Public Meeting. BVU speaks with Jay E. Fishman (Financial Research Associates), chair of the Appraisal Practices Board (APB), about the main takeaways from the recent APB public meeting in Austin, Texas.
- Valuing Shareholder Loans in Divorce: Sorting Out the Problem. Not intuitively obvious, the question of shareholder loans in the context of a valuation for divorce purposes is examined here, the first of a three-part series by Christine Baker (Meyers, Harrison & Pia LLC).
- Social Media: Unicorn or Horse for BV Professionals? Proven ways valuation experts build their practices by posting, blogging, and tweeting. Written by Rod Burkert (Burkert Valuation Advisors LLC) and Barbara Walters Price (Mercer Capital).
- Lost Business or Lost Profits? Key Considerations for Economic Damages Cases. These cases have important distinctions, and each implies its own analysis and calculations. It’s all explained by Neil Beaton (Alvarez and Marsal) and Tyler Farmer (Calfo Harrigan Leyh & Eakes).
- What to Consider When Carving Out the Value of a Firm’s Website. Stuart Weiss talks with Mike Pellegrino (Pellegrino & Associates LLC) about the intrinsic value of a firm’s website—separate and apart from the business itself.