The Appraisal Foundation has begun its search for qualified candidates to fill four upcoming vacancies on its Appraisal Practices Board (APB). The foundation “is always interested in expanding the diversity of its boards by considering applications from appraisers involved in various appraisal disciplines such as real property, business valuation or personal property,” an accompanying release says.
The APB is charged with issuing voluntary guidance, known as a Valuation Advisory, which focuses on valuation methods, techniques, and other topics that can apply to all disciplines within the appraisal profession. The board’s nominating committee will consider the following qualifications in its search for applicants:
- A minimum of 10 years of appraisal experience;
- A working knowledge of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice(USPAP);
- Familiarity with valuation methodology and techniques;
- Experience in writing on valuation topics and/or curriculum development;
- Experience with public speaking and/or teaching on valuation topics; and
- Experience in serving on a publicly accountable board.