The ASA has lined up the following all-star list to review the current impact of the IASB and other convergence efforts:
- David Wilkes, Partner, Huff Wilkes Attorneys and Immediate Past Chair of The Appraisal Foundation, Tarrytown, New York;
- Robert Schlegel, International President, American Society of Appraisers, and Principal, Houlihan Valuation Advisors, Indianapolis, Indiana;
- Tony Aaron, Americas Leader, Quality and Risk Management, Valuation and Business Modeling, Ernst & Young LLP, McLean, Virginia; and,
- Don Dorchester, Senior Managing Director, Dispute Analysis-Litigation Support, Financial Reporting, Valuation & Advisory, Cushman & Wakefield, Prescott, Arizona.
Topics under consideration during this 90 minute webinar on March 16 include:
- An orientation for participants on how the accounting standards, along with attempts to converge United States and international accounting standards, are relevant to appraisers;
- The definition of fair value;
- The roles of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB);
- An update on the current status of U.S. accounting standards and the timeline for convergence;
- The current requirements for valuers under financial reporting standards;
- The various valuation disciplines which are involved in financial reporting and how they interact; and
- Practical examples to illustrate financial reporting valuations and how they can be applied in your professional valuation practice.