Also at the ASA Advanced Business Valuation conference in San Antonio, Mark Zyla (Acuitas Inc.) updated attendees on current trends with fair value measurements. According to Zyla, you can expect to see the following:
- Increased scrutiny by the SEC and PCAOB;
- A move toward consistent valuation methodology and standards;
- Sharper questioning by private companies as to the relevance of fair value in certain instances;
- Continuing evolution of best practices;
- More relevance of international valuation standards;
- Auditors becoming better versed in fair value measurement techniques; and
- More prominence of this issue in college and accounting/finance programs.
Look for an expanded article on the topic in an upcoming issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.