Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Using a Restricted Stock Study Quintile Analysis for a DLOM” An excerpt from the newly published Discount for Lack of Marketability Guide and Toolkit by James Hitchner, Jim Alerding, Josh Angell, and Kate Morris.
- “Quantifying Personal Goodwill by Analyzing Customer Retention” (Claudia J. Stern and Carl S. Saba, Hemming Morse). Case studies of two valuation engagements that use mathematical models that link personal goodwill to quantifiable customer retention.
- “Key Valuation Considerations for Fairness Opinions” (BVR editor). Craig Jacobson and Richard Peil, who are both with GlassRatner Advisory & Capital Group, and attorney Jeffrey Rothschild (McGuireWoods LLP) share their insights.
- “Latest Trends That Affect Auto Dealership Valuations” (BVR editor). Remarks during a recent webinar by Timothy York and Adam Lawyer, both with Dixon Hughes Goodman.
- “Work File Checklist for Growth Rate and Terminal Value” (BVR editor). The requirements under the new credential for fair value for financial reporting that should be considered best practices to anyone doing this type of work.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective,” “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “ktMINE Royalty Rate Data,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the November issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.