Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Inside Pratt’s Stats: Impact of Entity Form on Selling Price (Part 2)” (Eric J. Barr, Marks Paneth, and Peter L. Lohrey, Montclair State University). This is the second part of a two-part article that explains how transaction size and the entity form of the buyer and seller support the existence (and the magnitude) of the “pass-through entity premium” where the buyer is able to take advantage of the pass-through status of the seller. This article is based on the results of various statistical analyses of Pratt’s Stats transactional data.
- “Use and Misuse of Survey Data to Set Physician Compensation.” This is an excerpt from the recently released BVR/AHLA Guide to Valuing Physician Compensation and Healthcare Service Arrangements,2nd edition. Timothy Smith (one of the book’s co-editors) interviews Meghan Wong, assistant director, data solutions, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA).
The issue also includes:
- An expanded section of “BV News and Trends/Global BV News and Trends.”
- Regular features: “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “ktMINE Royalty Rate Data,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the January issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.