Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Inside Pratt’s Stats: Impact of Entity Form on Selling Price (Part 1)” (Eric J. Barr, Marks Paneth, and Peter L. Lohrey, Montclair State University). This is a two-part article that explains how transaction size and the entity form of the buyer and seller support the existence (and the magnitude) of the “pass-through entity premium” where the buyer is able to take advantage of the pass-through status of the seller. This article is based on the results of various statistical analyses of Pratt’s Stats transactional data.
- “A Reflection on Low Risk-Free Interest Rates” (Matthew Crane, Marshall & Stevens Inc.). Although business appraisals often do not concern themselves with the details of monetary policies, given the current low-interest-rate environment, it’s useful for appraisers to have a historical perspective, in addition to understanding some of the relevant economic theories regarding the outlook for changes in interest rates.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective,” “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “ktMINE Royalty Rate Data,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the December issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.