The next time an attorney calls to interview you as an expert, be prepared to answer the questions in “Factors to Consider When Hiring an Expert,” an article by Donald May (Marks Paneth & Shron LLP):
- How many times have you testified?
- Of those times, what percentage was for the plaintiff and what percentage was for the defendant?
- Have you ever been excluded by a court? If so, why?
- What percent of your income is based on expert testimony?
- Do you have specific experience related to this matter? What is that experience?
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.