The following six exposure documents from the FASB are now open for public comment—and all with deadlines before the close of the first quarter, 2012:
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update—Consolidation (Topic 810): Parent’s Accounting for the Cumulative Translation Adjustment upon the Sale or Transfer of a Group of Assets that Is a Nonprofit Activity or a Business within a Consolidated Foreign Entity (a consensus of the FASB Emerging Issues Task Force); comments due Feb. 6, 2012;
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update—Real Estate—Investment Property Entities (Topic 973); comments due Feb. 15, 2012;
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update—Financial Services—Investment Companies (Topic 946): Amendments to the Scope, Measurement, and Disclosure Requirements; comments due Feb. 15, 2012;
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update—Consolidation (Topic 810): Principal versus Agent Analysis; comments due Feb. 15, 2012;
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update (Revised)—Revenue Recognition (Topic 605): Revenue from Contracts with Customers; comments due March 13, 2012; and
- Proposed Accounting Standards Update—Revenue Recognition (Topic 605): Revenue from Contracts with Customers—Proposed Amendments to the FASB Accounting Standards Codification; comments due March 13, 2012.
For copies of the current FASB exposure drafts and comment feedback forms, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.