Fair value estimates are getting significant attention from the SEC. At the upcoming 11th Annual Fair Value Conference in Los Angeles on June 8, Kristopher Shirley, Professional Accounting Fellow at the SEC, will provide an update on topics of interest to practitioners who prepare valuations for financial reporting purposes. Other sessions at the conference include:
- FASB Update on Fair Value Matters, Adam Kamhi (FASB);
- Valuation Profession Initiative Update, Tony Aaron (Ernst & Young);
- Volatility Estimation and Measurement, Amanda Miller (Ernst & Young);
- PCAOB Update, George Wilfert (PCAOB); and
- Credit Value Adjustments, Anthony Law (Valuation Research Corp.).
The conference is hosted by the American Society of Appraisers and the University of Southern California Leventhal School of Accounting. For details and to register, click here. (early bird registration ends May 6). BVWire will be there—we hope to see you!
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.