Jim Hitchner (Valuation Products and Services) does an annual rundown of the prior year’s new need-to-know BV concepts, data, models, and methods (see our coverage of his latest update). A recording is now available of the two-hour presentation, in which he covers a variety of topics, including:
- Data updates, including the relaunch of Pratt’s Stats as DealStats and a new database for BV/M&A research (MergerShark);
- Platforms for estimating the cost of capital, including BVR’s new Cost of Capital Professional and updates to the Duff & Phelps Cost of Capital Navigator; also, whether the size premium really exists;
- A summary of the impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) on valuation and whether the so-called S corp premium has survived;
- A recent controversy over calculation engagements;
- Cross-examination tips from a conference session by Harold Martin (Keiter); and
- Some new “best” practices for the income approach.
Extra: Don’t miss Hitchner at the AAML/BVR National Divorce Conference on “How to Rig a Valuation in a Marital Dispute?” and “Cost of Capital: 20 Different Ways.”
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.