Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Economic Obsolescence: An Adjustment That Is Often Overlooked” (Gary R. Trugman). If a valuation using the asset approach is much higher than under the income or market approach, what’s the reason? It could be economic obsolescence, a topic not readily found in a lot of valuation textbooks or course materials.
- “Experts Size Up Controversial IRS Estate Valuation Regs” (BVR editor). Valuation experts were anxiously awaiting the proposed IRC Section 2704 regulations designed to crack down on estate valuation discounts. Now that they have been released, they have triggered strong reactions from the valuation community, the legal profession, and others.
- “Expanding the Cost of Capital Horizon Beyond CAPM” (Adam Manson). Two sessions devoted to cost of capital were conducted at the recent annual conference of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts in San Diego.
- “Top BV Experts Field Tough Questions at NACVA ‘Hardball’ Session” (BVR editor). A star-studded panel of valuation experts tackle no-holds-barred questions about such critical topics as the market approach, discounts, cost of capital, valuation reports, and more during a special double session at the recent annual conference of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts in San Diego.
- “Valuation Characteristics and Methodologies for Urgent Care Centers” (Aaron Murski and Elliott Jeter). Hospitals are snapping up urgent care centers as they seek to become bigger players as the market consolidates. This article covers the latest considerations for valuations.
- “Latest Data on Private-Company Transactions in the United Kingdom” (BVR editor). Some key data on transaction multiples being paid for U.K. private companies as well as some M&A insights.
- “How to Help Ensure a Valid Survey for a Damages Analysis” (BVR editor). Some pointers and an example from Dr. Leon Kaplan (Princeton Research and Consulting Center) and Dr. Larry Chiagouris (Brand Marketing Services and Pace University).
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance,” “Ask the Experts,” “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, ktMINE Royalty Rate Data, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, see the September issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.