This issue is a special edition that commemorates the publication’s 20th year as the voice of business valuation. Here’s what you’ll see:
- Three Generations of Valuation Experts Share Their Views (BVR Editor). Shannon Pratt (Shannon Pratt Valuations), Heidi Walker (Meyers, Harrison & Pia Valuation and Litigation Support LLC) and Sean Saari (Skoda Minotti) give their perspectives on the profession and the practice of valuation.
- BVU’s Editorial Board Reflects on the Valuation Profession (BVR Editor). A number of esteemed valuation professionals reflect and give their advice and outlook on aspects of the profession and valuation practices.
- Surviving the Ever-Changing World of Valuation in the Courts (BVR Editor). Valuation experts involved in litigation face a court environment that has changed materially over the years.
- Valuation Concepts Have Undergone Massive Changes in Thinking (BVR Editor). There is much more empirical data now and also a continued questioning of standard practices and conventional wisdom, which is important for the profession to absorb in order to move forward.
- How to Deal With the Ongoing Hiring Crunch Bubble in BV (BVR Editor). There has been a continuing shortage of BV talent in the two-to-five-year experience range. John Borrowman (Borrowman Baker LLC), a recruiter who has worked exclusively in the BV profession for 20 years, gives his insights and advice.
- BVU Through the Years: We combed the archives to create a scrapbook of important articles that chronicle some of the key developments in the valuation profession—with a “fast forward” look at how some of these issues have played out.
- New Features: Ask the Experts and Tip of the Month. Valuation experts answer puzzling questions and give some practical advice on a wide variety of topics.
To read these articles—as well as digests of the latest court cases—see the October issue of Business Valuation Update (subscription required).
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.