Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Valuation of Dual Class Shares” (Gilbert E. Matthews, Sutter Securities Inc.) The high-profile class action lawsuit between minority shareholders and Hollywood icon Jeffrey Katzenberg over the additional consideration being paid to him in the sale of DreamWorks to Comcast puts the spotlight on “dual class” companies.
- “AICPA Fields Questions About New CVFI Credential” (BVR Editor). BVU interviews Jeff High, AICPA senior manager—fair value measurements, about the new credential the AICPA will launch: Certified in Valuation of Financial Instruments (CVFI).
- “How to Estimate WACC for a Cross-Border Valuation” (BVR Editor). A step-by-step example of estimating the cost of capital for an acquisition of a foreign firm by a U.S. company, using data from the Valuation Handbook: International Guide to Cost of Capital.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective,” “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “ktMINE Royalty Rate Data,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the October issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.