A new regular feature is “BV News At-a-Glance,” which gives you a quick summary of what’s going on in the BV world, including developments from the standard setters, regulators, and valuation professional organizations (VPOs), as well as noteworthy new books, research papers, and studies of interest to business valuation experts. Plus, you’ll see the following articles:
- “A Quantitative Model Evolves for Determining Passive Appreciation” (BVR Editor). Ashok Abbott (West Virginia University) explains his method of using statistical methods to separate active and passive appreciation of business assets in a divorce context.
- “A Low-Risk, Low-Cost Option to Enhance a Damages Claim” (BVR Editor). An interview with attorney George P. Roach about compensation forfeiture in the context of a damages analysis.
- “Book Review: A Consensus View—Q&A Guide to Financial Valuation” (Harold G. Martin Jr.). A review of a book co-authored by Jim Hitchner, Shannon Pratt, and Jay Fishman.
- “Valuing a Franchise? Consider These Seven Specific Characteristics” (BVR Editor). A recent court case involving the valuation of a chain of Planet Fitness operations underscores the challenge of valuing a franchise.
- “Latest Study Reveals Valuation Differences in the A/E Industry” (BVR Editor). Insights into the architectural, engineering and environmental industry from a study by Rusk O’Brien Gido + Partners.
- “Eleven Special CSR Factors That Can Affect the Value of a Veterinary Practice” (BVR Editor). An excerpt from BVR’s new guide, What It’s Worth: Veterinary Practice Value.
The issue also includes:
- Regular Features: “BV News At-a-Glance,” “Ask the Experts,” “Tip of the Month,” “Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends,” “Economic Outlook for the Month,” and “Cost of Capital Center.”
- BV Case Update and Analysis: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To read these articles and the case digests, see the May issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.