Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Looking to Private Markets for Private Firm Cost of Capital” (BVR Editor). Will CAPM and BUM disappear anytime soon? Not likely, but that doesn’t mean that valuation professionals can’t benefit from adding a private cost of capital analysis to their toolbox. This article gives a review of the latest data in the Private Capital Markets Project from Pepperdine University.
- “Probing the Values of Professional Service Firm Brands” (Christof Binder, Capstone Branding GmbH, Germany; and Stefan Rüssli, Assessa GmbH, Switzerland). Prompted by the recent case of a French firm challenging the rights to the Arthur Andersen trademark, this article discusses if, when, and why the brand names of advisory firms have value.
- “12 Ways to Build a Program That Ensures Quality Fair Value Measurements” (BVR Editor). Anthony Aaron, formerly with Ernst & Young, is the chair of the performance requirements work stream of the Fair Value Quality Initiative. He explains how valuation firms can take actions to help improve the quality and consistency of fair value measurements for financial reporting.
- “Recent Developments Trigger a Fresh Look at DLOM” (BVR Editor). There is no consensus as to an overall approach in reaching a conclusion as to a discount for lack of marketability (DLOM), but emerging evidence and tools shed new light on this issue.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective,” “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, ktMINE Royalty Rate Data, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the June issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.