Here’s what you’ll see:
- ‘Update on DLOM, Fair Value, PTEs at NYSSCPA BV Confab’ (BVR Editor). Coverage of the annual business valuation conference of the New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) in New York City.
- ‘What Makes a Business Valuation Firm an Attractive Acquisition Target?’ (Nancy Fannon, Marcum LLP). Insights into the merger of a valuation and litigation firm with a full-service tax and accounting firm.
- ‘What You Should Know About FASB Changes to Revenue Recognition and Lease Accounting’ (Michael Mathieson, Valuation Research Corp.). The recent changes to the accounting rules for revenue recognition and leases deserve the attention of valuation experts because of how sweeping the changes are and because they may have an effect on certain valuation analyses.
- ‘Work File Checklist for Discount Rates Under New Fair Value Regulations’ (BVR Editor). A handy tool to use for compliance with the mandatory performance framework.
- ‘Tips on Handling 10 Key Issues in Bankruptcy Valuations’ (BVR Editor). Advice from Robert Reilly (Willamette Management Associates).
- ‘Feedback Wanted on Potential Refinements to International Valuation Standards’ (BVR Editor). The International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) is seeking industry feedback on an Agenda Consultation Paper on how best to refine the standards in the coming years. The comment period ends August 15.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective, Ask the Experts, and Tip of the Month.
- BV data spotlight: Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, ktMINE Royalty Rate Data, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, check out the July issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.