p>Here’s what’s coming up:
- Data About the Size Premium Challenge Conventional Wisdom (BVR Editor). An interview with Michael A. Crain (Financial Valuation Group) that focuses on research he has been doing on cost of capital, with a special emphasis on the size premium.
- Different BV Standards Have More in Common Than You Might Think (BVR Editor). Amid criticism about the fragmentation of the BV profession, a new analysis of the five sets of BV standards reveals that they do not conflict with each other. Includes a link to a chart prepared by Mark Hanson (Schenck SC) and Mark Kucik (Kucik Valuation Group).
- Court Case Points Up Pitfalls to Avoid When Using Transactional Databases (BVR Editor). An appraiser faces trouble in court over the misuse of BIZCOMPS.
- An In-Depth Review of the Duff & Phelps Risk Premium Calculator (Jessica Landay, CVA, and Brenda Clarke, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA). Detailed analysis of the updated online tool used to calculate cost of equity capital.
- Public Shareholders, Fair Value, and the “Market-Out Exception” in Appraisal Statutes (Gilbert E. Matthews, CFA, and Michelle Patterson, J.D., Ph.D.). Exhaustive analysis that demonstrates that the common view that the market-out exception completely denies public shareholders the right of appraisal is, in fact, inaccurate.
To read these articles—as well as digests of the latest court cases—see the February 2015 issue of Business Valuation Update (subscription required).
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.