Here’s what you’ll see:
- “Exclusive BVR Survey Examines BV Firms' Mix of Practice Revenue” (BVR Editor). Results from BVR’s Firm Economics Survey conducted this summer. Experts indicated where the largest percentage of revenue comes from, the most profitable practice niche, the fasting growing specialty area, and other information.
- “Cultures and Continents Clash in High-Stakes Divorce Valuation” (Andrew Strickland). Valuation experts from the U.S. andthe U.K.square off in a case of a jet-setting couple calling it quits.
- “Social Media, Sec. 2704 Regs, New Fair Value Credential Highlight IACVA/SECBA Conference” (BVR Editor). Coverage of Business Valuation in an Upside Down World, a conference in Atlanta co-sponsored by the Southeast Chapter of Business Appraisers (SECBA) and the International Association of Consultants, Valuators and Analysts (IACVA).
- “Special Considerations in Valuing Wealth Management Firms” (Patrice Radogna). Wealth management firms come in many shapes and sizes and vary widely in terms of the key components that drive value. Includes a case example of two firms.
- “Transaction Valuation Tips From an Investment Banker” (BVR Editor). An interesting perspective on valuation for mergers and acquisitions from Michael Poole (PCE Investment Bankers Inc.), who spoke at the 2016 ASA Advanced Business Valuation Conference.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance,” “Ask the Experts,” “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, ktMINE Royalty Rate Data, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, see the December issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.