Here’s what you’ll see:
- Personal Goodwill and Noncompete Agreements: Folklore vs. Common Sense (Peter Butler, CFA, ASA, Robert Dohmeyer, ASA). A challenge to the conventional thinking that a covenant not to compete relates to personal goodwill.
- A New Approach to Figuring Damages for IP Misuse Over the Internet (BVR Editor). An emerging area of damages deals with the unauthorized use of trademarks for search engine optimization or social media to detour a competitor’s customers.
- BVU PROFILE: On the Road to Building a Career in Business Valuation. Ray Bratcher, a valuation analyst with Trugman Valuation Associates Inc. is interviewed by Stuart Weiss, a CPA and valuation practitioner.
- Tax Affecting, Web Damages, Practice Building Highlight Annual NACVA Conference (BVR Editor). A roundup of some key takeaways from the annual conference of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts in New Orleans.
- Insiders Reveal How to Get Into the Expert Witness Game—and Stay There (BVR Editor). Lawyers, judges, and valuation analysts give some advice for expert witness aspirants.
- Fine-Tuned Data Help Tailor the Size Premium to a Subject Company (BVR Editor). An analysis by Dr. Ashok Abbott (West Virginia University) reveals that the size premium is different depending on the industry and, furthermore, it changes over time.
- New Features: Ask the Experts and Tip of the Month. Valuation experts answer puzzling questions and give some practical advice on a wide variety of topics.
To read these articles—as well as digests of the latest court cases—see the August issue of Business Valuation Update (subscription required).
Please let us know if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.