The sixth edition of Valuation and Common Sense by Professor Pablo Fernandez (IESE Business School, University of Navarra) is now available—and it’s free. As does his U.S. counterpart Professor Aswath Damodaran (New York University Stern School of Business), Fernandez is very generous in making a great amount of material available gratis to BV practitioners and global academics. He’s a highly respected BV authority and is ranked No. 1 on SSRN in terms of downloads (over 1 million) of his 253 papers (also available free). The new edition of his book has 48 thought-provoking chapters, such as:
- “119 Common Errors In Company Valuations”;
- “Ten Badly Explained Topics in Most Corporate Finance Books”;
- “Cash Flow Is a Fact; Net Income Is an Opinion”;
- “RF and Market Risk Premium Used for 41 Countries in 2015: A Survey”;
- “CAPM: An Absurd Model”;
- “Are Calculated Betas Good for Anything?”; and
- “Is It Ethical to Teach That Beta and CAPM Explain Something?”
The entire book is available online—just click here for the table of contents, which provides links to the download for each chapter. Also, the figures and tables from the book can be downloaded if you click on this link.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.