Federal budget battles and unclear tax positions, plus domestic and international economic and political trends, create a challenging environment for government contracting firms and the business appraisers who value them. In Key Trends in the Valuation of Government Contracting Firms: A BVR Special Report, compiled by Jan Davis, with an introduction by Donald Nalley (Beason Nalley), BV appraisers and businesses will learn the unique characteristics of government contracts and the important considerations in deriving valuation estimates for firms that do business with the federal government. Highlights include:
- Top value drivers in the defense and government services markets;
- Special issues to consider when valuing a government contracting firm;
- Necessary considerations for government contractors with set-aside status;
- Customer list and backlog issues as related to purchase price allocations;
- Lost profit issues unique to government contracting cases;
- Government contracting firm acquisition multiples; and
- Key sources of government data.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.