The second edition of Fair Value Measurement: Practical Guidance and Implementation, by Mark Zyla (Acuitas), is now available from BVR. This comprehensive new update discusses the entire evolution of fair value accounting, including the impact of the recent economic crisis and the status of convergence with international standards. New and/or expanded chapters discuss:
- Updated disclosure requirements for ASC 820, Fair Value Measurements;
- New impairment testing for goodwill, long-lived, and indefinite-lived assets, plus a case study of a “qualitative” impairment analysis;
- Using the guideline transaction method to measure the fair value of a privately held debt security;
- Advanced methods for measuring the fair value of intangible assets—from Monte Carlo simulations to a decision tree analysis;
- Fair value measurement for alternative investments, featuring the AICPA’s most recent guidance and practice aid; and
- The latest regulatory guidance (SEC, PCAOB, AICPA) on auditing fair value.
For more information and to review the detailed table of contents, click here now.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.