At the AICPA Family Law Conference in Las Vegas last week, Brenda Clarke (Seigneur Gustafson) and Stacey Udell (Gold Gocial Gerstein) recommended the following books for the valuation practitioner:
- Family Law Services Handbook: The Role of the Financial Expert (Donald Glenn, Thomas Burrage, Donald DeGrazia, and William Stewart
- Litigation Services Handbook: The Role of the Financial Expert, 4th ed. (Roman Weil., Peter Frank, Christian Hughes, and Michael Wagner)
- The Handbook for Divorce Valuations (Robert Kleeman Jr., R. James Alerding, and Benjamin Miller)
- Reasonable Compensation: Application and Analysis (Ronald L. Seigneur and Kevin Yeanoplos)
- Standards of Value; Theory and Applications (Jay E. Fishman, Shannon Pratt and William Morrison)
- A CPA’s Guide to Family Law Services(AICPA Business Valuation and Forensic & Litigation Services Section)
- BVR’s Guide to Personal v. Enterprise Goodwill, 2011 edition (articles from leading experts)
- BVR’s Business Valuation in Divorce Case Law Compendium. The soon-to-be-released 2011/2012 edition contains court case digests, summary tables and a fully indexed and hyperlinked CD to the actual cases. Download an excerpt from the Compendium.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.