Mercer Capital’s recent article “5 Things To Watch For In Year-End Portfolio Company Fair Value Measurements” contains a useful checklist “to help fund managers measure the fair value of portfolio company investments” under ASC 820. Mercer elaborates on these five questions:
- Are you using the right valuation methods?
- Are you using the right guideline group?
- Are you carefully vetting cash flow forecasts?
- Are you reconciling to prior fair value measurements?
- Are you double-checking your math?
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.