In a recent article on “hospital wars,” The New York Times has just recognized what healthcare appraisers have known for a while, that large hospitals across the country have been rapidly buying physician practices—from general practitioners to cardiologists to orthopedic surgeons—turning local communities into “battlegrounds” for the lucrative medical market.
Value is driving the trend. BVR’s latest special report, Physician Practices: Key Value Drivers in a Changing Environment, takes a look at both sides of the battle, including:
- Top value drivers in physician practices;
- Understanding physician compensation and compensation arrangements;
- The questions to ask in a practice acquisition;
- Potential practice acquisition deal breakers;
- Successful integration of a physician practice; and
- Financial benchmarks and acquisition multiples.
To sample the depth of new information available in the special report, we’ve just made the first chapter, by Carol Carden (Pershing Yoakley & Associates), available as a free download. To access your free copy of “The Top Five Value Drivers in Physician Practices,”—which highlights appraising ancillary services, physician extenders, payer services, and more—click here now .
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.