Starting with the January 2017 issue of Business Valuation Update, you will see more articles with a global perspective. But don’t skip over an article contributed by someone not in your home country. Most of what they say will be relevant no matter where your practice is located. Here’s what you’ll see in the next issue:
- “30 Field-Tested Ideas to Bring in More BV Business” (BVR Editor). More results from BVR’s exclusive Firm Economics Survey. This installment looks at the marketing techniques that have been most effective at building the valuation practice.
- “Strong Pushback of Sec. 2704 Regs at IRS Hearing” (BVR Editor). An unprecedented number of speakers testified at the December 1 IRS hearing to fight the controversial proposed Section 2704 regulations designed to curb estate valuation discounts for minority interests
- “The 10 Most Important Valuation Cases of 2016” (BVR Editor). A roundup of the most impactful court cases that involve business valuation and the valuation of damages.
- “How to Better Validate the Reasons for Private-Company Discounts” (Anthony Carlton, Australia). This is a response to an article in the June 2016 issue of Business Valuation Update, in which Gilbert Matthews wrote about whether private companies are valued for less than public companies solely on the basis of being private or whether other factors are involved.
- “Main Lessons for Appraisers in the IPEV 2015 Valuation Guidelines” (Andrew Strickland, UK). The International Private Equity and Venture Capital 2015 Valuation Guidelines embrace a great many areas of business appraisal and provide guidance on some contentious areas.
- “Employee Equity Valuations: More Than Just a Black Box” (Jason Murphy, Australia). This first in a number of articles on valuing employee equity serves as an overview of the topic. In future issues, we will examine the various forms of employee equity and the methodologies and standards for their valuation.
The issue also includes:
- Regular features: “BV News At-a-Glance/Global Perspective,” “Ask the Experts,” and “Tip of the Month.”
- BV data spotlight: Pratt’s Stats MVIC/EBITDA Trends, ktMINE Royalty Rate Data, Economic Outlook for the Month, and Cost of Capital Center.
- BVLaw Case Update: The latest court cases that involve business valuation issues.
To stay current on business valuation, see the January issue of Business Valuation Update—now the eyes and ears of the BV profession around the globe.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.