A number of member-related developments at the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) are worthy of note. The Abu Dhabi government is the first emirate in the UAE to officially adopt International Valuation Standards (IVS) to its new rules and regulations for land and property valuations. Also, several new members have joined:
- Shanghai Orient Appraisal Co. (China)—corporate member (the first in mainland China to join the IVSC);
- Alforsa Real Estate (Bahrain)—corporate member;
- Government of Ajman, Department of Land and Real Estate (UAE)—institutional member;
- Bosnian and Herzegovinian Property Association—associate VPO member;
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of lndia—institutional member;
- Australian Institute of Business Brokers—associate VPO member; and
- Rwandan Institute of Real Property Valuers—associate VPO member.
This year’s annual general meeting (AGM) will take place in Dubai at the Hilton Hotel Al Habtoor City, October 22 to 24. The agenda includes public and private meetings of the IVSC’s standards boards, meetings of the IVSC Advisory Forum, representing members of the IVSC, CEOs meeting, thematic presentations and panel discussions on major valuation topics, and networking receptions. For more details and to register, click here.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.