The standards board of the International Valuation Standards Council has received comment letters for its first group of exposure drafts of the chapters that will comprise IVS 2017. Letters came in from organizations and firms such as the AICPA, The Appraisal Foundation, Duff & Phelps, RICS, the Russian Society of Appraisers, and others. The comments relate to the first group of exposure drafts: IVS 104, Bases of Value; IVS 105, Valuation Approaches; IVS 210, Intangible Assets; and Introduction and Framework for IVS 2017.
Next deadline: Comments are due August 31 for the second group of exposure drafts:
- IVS 101, Scope of Work; IVS 102, Investigation and Compliance; and IVS, 103 Reporting;
- IVS 200, Businesses and Business Interests;
- IVS 300, Plant and Equipment;
- IVS 400, Real Property Interests;
- IVS 410, Development Property; and
- IVS 500, Financial Instruments.
The IVSC wants comments from those who agree with the proposed standards as well as from those who have suggestions for improvement. Those who disagree should be as detailed as possible and suggest alternatives supported by specific reasoning.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.