The ASA has lined up the following all-star list to review the current impact of the IASB and other convergence efforts:
- David Wilkes, Partner, Huff Wilkes Attorneys and Immediate Past Chair of The Appraisal Foundation, Tarrytown, New York,
- Robert Schlegel, International President, American Society of Appraisers, and Principal, Houlihan Valuation Advisors, Indianapolis, Indiana,
- Tony Aaron, Americas Leader, Quality and Risk Management, Valuation and Business Modeling, Ernst & Young LLP, McLean, Virginia, and,
- Don Dorchester, Senior Managing Director, Dispute Analysis-Litigation Support, Financial Reporting, Valuation & Advisory, Cushman & Wakefield, Prescott, Arizona.
Topics under consideration during this 90 minute webinar on March 16 include:
- An orientation for participants on how the accounting standards, along with attempts to converge United States and International accounting standards, are relevant to appraisers.
- The definition of fair value.
- The roles of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
- An update on the current status of US accounting standards and the timeline for convergence.
- The current requirements for valuers under financial reporting standards.
- The various valuation disciplines which are involved in financial reporting and how they interact.
- Practical examples to illustrate financial reporting valuations and how they can be applied in your professional valuation practice.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.