In an interview with Business Valuation Update, Jeff High, AICPA senior manager—fair value measurements, gave some details on the recently announced Certified in Valuation of Financial Instruments (CVFI) credential the AICPA will launch. One question asked was about the education and training process and requirements. According to High, to obtain the CVFI credential one must:
- Have three years of experience in the field of financial instrument valuation;
- Complete the AICPA-approved education (roughly 35 hours of online-delivered education);
- Pass the CVFI exam delivered by the AICPA;
- Maintain the credential with eight hours of continuing education per year;
- Be a member or associate member of the AICPA; and
- Abide by the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
The full interview is in the October 2017 issue of Business Valuation Update.
Please let us know
if you have any comments about this article or enhancements you would like to see.